UMIP is an open source implementation of Mobile IPv6 and NEMO Basic Support for Linux. It is released under the GPLv2 license. It supports the following IETF RFC: RFC6275 (Mobile IPv6), RFC3963 (NEMO), RFC3776 and RFC4877 (IPsec and IKEv2).
Latest news on UMIP (you can get the complete history here):
- 2013/12/30: OAI PMIPv6 has been ported to UMIP 1.0, and is now avsailable from UMIP.org. See the contribution page here.
- 2013/05/01: UMIP debian packages are now available via our Debian package repository.
- 2013/04/23: An MCoA and DSMIPv6 implementation has been contributed by Toyota InfoTechnology Center, USA, Inc. See the contribution page here.
- 2013/04/23: UMIP is tested on nighlty builds of the net-next kernel and results are available on this webpage (courtesy to Hajime Tazaki). This can help you to decide whether it is safe to run UMIP on net-next kernel.
- 2013/03/27: TAHI conformance test results for UMIP 1.0 are available here.
- 2013/03/22: UMIP has been tagged to version 1.0. UMIP now runs fine on 3.8.2 kernels (and higher) and passes the TAHI tests with flying colors! Debian packages and TAHI test results will be setup soon. Documentation has been updated accordingly.
Debian packages are available for UMIP. Check our Debian repository page for more information.
Our source code is maintained usit git and is available here. The currently maintained repositories are:
- umip.git: the core UMIP repository which contains the latest stable code. This code is regularly tested against the TAHI conformance test suite for Mobile IPv6: you can see the test results here.
- patches.git: a set of experimental patches that can be applied against the umip.git repository. These patches may find their way in the umip.git repository in the future once they have proven to be stable.
- debian.git: a repository that contains all the necessary files to build custom Debian packages.
Other (currently unmaintained) repositories are:
- racoon/patches.git: a set of patches for racoon to work with UMIP.
- racoon/debian.git: a repository that contains the files to build the racoon Debian packages.
- migrate2_kernel_patches.git: a set of kernel patches for MIGRATEv2 support.
The documentation section below provides all the necessary resources to use these repositories.
A number of features (PMIPv6, MCoA, DSMIPv6, FMIPv6) have also been contributed to UMIP but not yet integrated to our repositories. See our contribution page for more information and resources about these contributions.
All the necessary documentations to use our source repositories, install and configure UMIP, or setup your own TAHI unit tests, are available on our documentation page.
You can get support by subscribing to the support(at)ml.nautilus6.org mailing list. Feel free to describe your problems, report bugs or send patches on this mailing list. You can check the archives of this ML here.
The code available on UMIP.org is based on the original UMIP 0.4 release from the USAGI website. Compared to UMIP 0.4, the releases proposed on UMIP.org integrates the NEMO Basic Support protocol, support for recent kernels, new features, bugfixes and code simplifications.